About two weeks ago, I realized that I was coming up on two important blog milestones.
1) On April 30th, I will celebrate my 8 year blogiversary! EIGHT YEARS!
2) I was about to hit 1000 blog posts! ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS!
I know what you’re thinking… Katie, I’ve spent a lot of time going through the archives of this blog, and there’s no way there is almost 1000 blog posts here. And you would be right. I am combining the posts on this blog (currently 341) with the posts on my previous blog Carbon Copy (which topped off at 654). These two blogs have chronicled my life since April of 2004.
In honor of these upcoming milestones, I thought I’d share a few ways that people come across Sharp & Keen in their Internet surfing.
Top Ten Search Terms
1. Kathe Kollwitz. Alternative search terms looking for the same thing: Kollwitz, Kathe Kollwitz drawings, Kathe (with an umlaut) Kollwitz, katie kollwitz, kathe kollwitz art, kollwitz artwork… and I could actually go on listing things. If I had known Kathe Kollwitz was going to be such a big draw, I would have spent more time researching and tried to get better pictures.
3. Gone with the Wind. It pleases me so much that people find my blog while searching for Gone with the Wind. After all, it is one of my very favorite books. I have blogged about it a few times, and I am still pretty proud of my photoshop skills placing Scarlett O’Hara in Nottoway Plantation.
4. New Orleans Saints Pictures. I can only imagine how disappointed people are when they come across that entry about the Saints. (Also, I’m embarrassed that I didn’t credit the image source.) But maybe they saw the blog post about the Saints Super Bowl Victory Parade or Penny Lane wearing a Saints hat, and they smiled because those kids are so adorable.
5. Purdue Pete. I love that people are searching for information about Purdue Pete. He’s so dreamy!
6. Prehistoric Shark. Who doesn’t want to find out about prehistoric sharks? They are terrifying!
7. Logansport, Indiana. Honestly, it kind of surprises me that anyone is searching for Logansport, Indiana (and some bonus searches for Logansport landmark, Mr. Happy Burger). But I’m glad they do because I really like that blog post.
8. 1940s room. A random photo in a blog entry about Pensacola Beach. I guess lots of people are interested in rooms from the 1940s. I can’t blame them, though… that kitchen is pretty great.
9. Spiral Jetty. The Spiral Jetty is still one of the most awesome places I have been to. I wish it was more convenient to access because I would kind of like to go every weekend.
10. Painted Nails. Yeah, this is another entry where people probably didn’t find what they were looking for.
I really wanted to celebrate and do something special for this milestone. It’s not every day that you write your 1000th blog post. And I wanted it to be a good one. So I have 3 give-aways planned for this week. That’s right! THREE GIVE-AWAYS!! I’ll be posting them on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and then on Monday the 30th (my blogiversary and 1000th post), I’ll announce the winners. So make sure to check back so we can all party together.