I thought I would list just a few things that I’ve been into lately.
1. The Story with Dick Gordon – Technically, I just barely downloaded the podcast of this today, but I’ve been listening to it on the radio for a few months now. It comes on during lunch time, so whenever I grab something to eat outside of work, I find myself listening to it. I loved the final story today about a woman who placed a notebook in a mailbox at a bench by a lake. Every day, people using the bench write entries about their lives. I wish I could do something like that.
2. Judge John Hodgman – You probably know John Hodgman from the Daily Show or at least from the I’m a Mac commercials. He currently has a podcast where he settles disputes between friends. Past episodes have included a woman who hated the way her husband fake conducted symphonies, a couple (right here in Utah) who couldn’t agree on whether or not to open the X-Files toys someone gave them, and two friends who couldn’t agree on whether the white album should be included in the Beatles’ top 5 albums. It’s short (usually about 20-30 minutes), and I just enjoy John Hodgman.
3. Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me – I know I’ve mentioned this one before, but it still proves to be one of my very favorites and if you’re not listening to it yet, please give it a try. I love it so.
1. Pinterest – Like many others, I totally love Pinterest. If you haven’t been introduced, it’s basically a bookmarking site where you can “pin” the things you like. Over the past few years, I’ve slowly stopped reading many blogs focused on design and decorating because they always left me feeling somewhat discouraged and discontent about my life. I feel like it didn’t live up to all the beautiful posts I was reading. I worried that Pinterest would be the same, but it hasn’t been. In fact, it’s been much more inspiring to me to actually try new crafts and to determine my own style because I can visually see the things I like in one place. Also, and this is the petty part, but I think it’s better for me because it disassociates the products from the people, so I don’t envy someone else’s life… I just envy their things.
2. the color of ___ – One of the design-y blogs that I still enjoy is swissmiss. She always posts such interesting things. Yesterday, she posted about the site listed above, which seeks to determine the color of … whatever … by combining recent images from flickr with the tag you are searching for. I first wanted to know the color of Montana.
I think it fits perfectly with the feel of Montana. Look how big the sky is! And it almost looks like a horse galloping. I loved it so much that I looked for the color of many other places and things. Here are the results.
This one is especially for my friend, Cristen. I couldn’t help but recognize a certain similarity of color between these final two.
3. Topless Robot – My brothers introduced me to this site where most of the content is stuff that, to be honest, I just don’t get. But every once in a while, it will have an awesome post about Doctor Who or A Game of Thrones or something else the nerdy side of me really enjoys.
1. Doctor Who – I love this show so much. That’s really all I have to say about it.
2. Twin Peaks – I just watched this for the first time, although I’m still only half way through the second season. I heart Special Agent Dale Cooper. Here’s a favorite quote:
Harry, I’m going to let you in on a little secret: every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it; don’t wait for it; just let it happen. It could be a new shirt in a men’s store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black, coffee.
3. How I Met Your Mother – I am late to the game on this one since it’s already been around for a few years, but I enjoy it quite a lot. I caught a few episodes around Christmas time and found myself laughing out loud, so I decided to watch from the start. I can’t wait for fall tv. Just start already! (but summer, don’t go away just yet.)
So… there are a few things I’ve been enjoying lately. What about you? Do you have anything you’d like to share with me?